Παρασκευή 23 Οκτωβρίου 2009

Exarheia


Exarheia is the only pure neighborhood that has been left in my city Athens. Going out tonight, i realized that this place has a character. Cosy bars, nice tabernas, nice food and alternative people. There you can find everything. Original anarchists, university students, old couples, weird people and small squares. One of them was to be a parking place, but the citizens didn't let this happen; they prevented it. Now, it's a square of happenings, like live small concerts, amateur graffiti and painting, art performances and people drinking beer or whatever... This is the so-called PURE city life. The cops are trying to make it a new getto, but they won't succeed it. The history of this place is so unique. Such places make me love this city. Such places tell me that this city is unique. There is no posh, no sic people, new bars open, old places are renovating, new people around, happy faces all over. Exarheia district is unique and i really like it! My best spot? Florar books+cofee. It is situated on the main square, at the so called 'blue appartment'.
Nobody can ruin the fame of this district. This is our west side story place. Police is around, but there is no safer place than this one.
Athens i love you, no matter strange you are...
But i still feel full of you...

Tribute to students of 2000's

Ram

1 σχόλιο:

Nikos Pap είπε...

I absolutely agree with you that Exarcheia is a pur neibourhood. I also agree that Exarcheia is a safe place..And of course I agree that Floral is an interesting place - coffee which in my opinion is unique in Athens..I would like to add that Exarcheia is a place where sometimes I feel that the dream remains alive..