Σάββατο 28 Νοεμβρίου 2009

Winter in Athens? Never again

It’s almost December, but Athens is sunny, warm and beautiful. Yes, beautiful! I enjoy every single weekend, going out for a coffee in Plaka district at 12 in the morning and going back when the sun goes down. I admit that I like winter, but who doesn’t like sun on the other hand?? Why stay inside? How can you stay inside? Internet, reading, housework, all postponed for one reason: Sun! Actually, this is why I still live here.
Moreover, it’s nice that the city hasn’t yet been decorated. I mean the fucking Christmas decoration, I mean the stupid and boring and repetitive X-mast spirit (every single year we celebrate the birth of Jesus, Jesus!!!). I HATE CHRISTMAS. So, I don’t decorate the house, I don’t cook turkey, I only exchange present (this is the only good thing). But, New Years Eve is on the go and this is what I like. Every hope that this day brings, all the plans that you make, all the positive energy you transmit, in only one single day!
No plans for X-mast and New Years Eve, any ideas or invitations?? (hehe).

2 σχόλια:

Ανώνυμος είπε...

I agree with you Ram.I hate Christmas as a philosophy and as atmosphere...To be honest it would be more easy for me to write in Greek rather than in English as I can express my feelings better. I hate Christmas days and of course the lonely streets of my small town as I have written to a post some years ago..But the meaning either expressing in Greek or in English it is the same..I just hate Christmas...

Giorgos Ram είπε...

Probably, this is why you are a precious friend Nick :-). The small details make the difference (this is pure GreEnglish!).